Joel B. Pardo has dedicated his career to helping those who have suffered, particularly at the hands of a corporation. Mr. Pardo began his legal career as the supervising attorney of a class action docket at a personal injury law firm in Houston, Texas. He oversaw a team of twenty lawyers and paralegals and traveled throughout the Gulf Coast, representing thousands of business owners, individuals, and oil spill cleanup workers against British Petroleum in the wake of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Mr. Pardo received a wealth of litigation and trial experience early in his career, trying multiple civil cases to verdict in the first few years of his practice.
In addition to his class action work, Mr. Pardo has also worked on a variety of commercial cases involving issues such as covenants not to compete and tortious interference with business contracts. Although he has practiced in a variety of civil litigation areas, he now focuses his practice on personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Mr. Pardo worked as a litigation attorney for multiple well respected personal injury law firms and received a wealth of trial experience and litigation experience throughout his career. Mr. Pardo knows what it takes to succeed and is very proud of his role as one of the counsel of record involved with the landmark $43,600,000.00 premises liability verdict in Price v. Walmart Stores of Texas, LLC et. al. in Nueces County, Texas in 2017.
A Texas panhandle native, Joel Pardo was born in Amarillo, Texas and raised in the small town of Plainview, Texas. He received his undergraduate degree from Texas Tech University and his law degree from South Texas College of Law. He is a musician, and enjoys playing his drum set, guitar, and piano. In his free time, he also enjoys outdoor activities, such as running, golf, clay shooting, college football, and BBQ.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D., 2012
- South Texas Mock Trial Intramural Champion
- Director, HBA Juvenile Justice Mock Trial Program
- Oil and Gas Society, Member
- Gun and Rifle Association, Member
- Tech University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government, 2009
- Phi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- State of Texas, 2012
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Texas Rising Star Up and Coming 100
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyers, 2020 and 2022
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association