After an injury, one of the most important decisions facing you is choosing an experienced and trusted Houston personal injury lawyer to represent your case. This seemingly simple decision could have huge and lasting repercussions on your future. But how do you choose? Our firm offers five of our top tips for making this crucial decision.
- Choose a lawyer with experience. How many years has the attorney been in practice? What does their track record look like? These factors say a lot about a lawyer’s ability to represent you with skill and success.
- Choose an attorney who focuses on personal injury. There are many different legal fields ranging from business litigation to criminal defense to family law to bankruptcy / debt relief. Personal injury is just one narrow field, and it is complex and unique. The best attorney for your case will be one who has focused his / her career on this area of the law and to defending the rights of injury victims.
- Choose an attorney who has peer respect. Look at the attorney’s credentials and accolades. Does the lawyer have any awards or achievements? Has he or she been included in legal lists or received high ratings from peer-review legal services? Is the attorney a member of various legal associations and memberships? Has he or she served a leadership role in any of these organizations? These factors can be very telling.
- Choose a lawyer who is recommended to you. Ask around for a local referral. You can ask your doctor or friends and acquaintances. It’s important to work with a lawyer who is respected in your community. After suffering an injury, speaking with your healthcare provider could be helpful, as he or she will presumably have witnessed other similar accidents and the attorneys who assisted their patients.
- Choose an attorney you get along with! Many lawyers offer free consultations. Set up an appointment with a potential attorney, tell him / her about your case, and assess your potential working relationship. Is it a good fit? Find an attorney you like and trust.
Over 120 Years of Experience Serving Houston Injury Victims
Set up a free consultation with our team at The Webster Law Firm. We know how to protect your rights and interests. Our attorney has been serving the community for over two decades with a special focus on personal injury law. He has been included in the 2013 Super Lawyers® list and the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list from 2011 to 2013, as well as being named among the 2013 Top Lawyers in Houston in H-Texas magazine and in The National trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 list. With a long track record of success and respect in the Houston legal community, you can rely on Attorney Jason Webster to represent your injury case in Texas.
For more information or to request a no-obligation review, contact us today.